University of Southampton International Merit Scholarships 2020/2021 for Postgraduate Students
University of Southampton is offering postgraduate merit scholarships for international students in the September 2020 academic session.
Application Deadline: 31st August 2020
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at: United Kingdom
Eligible Field of Study: All courses offered at the University EXCEPT:
- English Language pre-sessional programmes
- Foundation programmes
- Undergraduate programmes which include a foundation year
- Undergraduate programmes (Bachelors) in the Faculty of Health Sciences and the Faculty of Medicine
Postgraduate taught programmes (Masters) in the Faculty of Business, Law and Art (please note that a separate scholarship scheme provides funding opportunities for programmes in these areas), Postgraduate taught programmes (Masters) in the Faculty of Engineering and the Environment, Postgraduate taught programmes (Masters) in the Faculty of Humanities, postgraduate taught programmes (Masters) in the Faculty of Physical Sciences and Engineering, and the MSc Physiotherapy in the Faculty of Health Sciences
- PGCert or PGDip qualifications
- Postgraduate Research programmes i.e. PhD, Doctorate, MPhil, EngD, MRes
- Continuing professional development programmes
- Distance Learning programmes
- Programmes offered at a University of Southampton partner institution/ campus overseas
About the Award:The University of Southampton is proud to offer the Southampton International Merit Scholarships for 2019/20 entrants. These scholarships of up to £3,000 per student seek to demonstrate the University’s ongoing commitment to attracting bright, ambitious students from all backgrounds onto our courses.
Eligibility: Candidates will be considered eligible for a Southampton International Merit Scholarship if they meet all of the following criteria:
- The candidate is liable to pay full international tuition fees and they will be self-funding, ie they are not in receipt of a full scholarship from another source or sponsored by one of the University’s international funding partners.
- Candidate is in receipt of either a conditional or unconditional offer for a place at the University of Southampton for 2019 entry (September 2019).which they have accepted (not-UCAS applications) or accepted firmly (UCAS applications).
- The programme the candidate wishes to study is eligible.
- Candidate meets any nationality or domicile requirements of the scholarship.
- For foundation scholarships:
- Candidate must be a national of, and domiciled in, one of the eligible countries/territories and classified as ‘Overseas’ for fees purposes.
- For undergraduate (Bachelor) scholarships: you must be a national of, and domiciled in a country outside of the EU and classified as ‘Overseas’ for fees purposes.
- For postgraduate taught (Masters) scholarships: you must be a national of, and domiciled in, one of the eligible countries/territories and classified as ‘Overseas’ for fees purposes.
- You meet the specific academic requirements of the scholarship. The equivalency of relevant international qualifications will be determined by the University’s standard admissions criteria.
- You pay any necessary tuition fee deposit by the date notified on your offer letter
Selection Criteria: A scholarship will only be awarded subject to meeting all the conditions attached to candidate’s offer to study at the University of Southampton (UK campus) in September 2020.
- enrol as a full-time student on candidate’s academic course by the given start date, as specified in the confirmation email/letter.
- provide evidence of nationality, domicile and qualification at the period of enrolment.
- be, and remain throughout the period of enrolment, classified as ‘Overseas’ for fee purposes.
- pay all outstanding tuition fees by University deadlines. Non-payment of fees by the due date may result in the scholarship being withdrawn and candidate may be charged full fees.
The following categories of students are not eligible:
- Students who are entering the second year, or subsequent years, of an undergraduate degree or repeating a year.
- Students who are entering an undergraduate degree with a foundation qualification.
- University of Southampton undergraduate students who are progressing onto a Masters programme.
- Students who are studying at the University of Southampton as a period of study abroad, a student exchange or as a student visitor.
Students in receipt of the following funding are not eligible:
- Students whose tuition fees are fully funded by an external sponsor organisation. Students who are receiving partial payment of their tuition fees may be eligible.
- Students whose tuition fees are fully or partially funded by one of the University’s international funding partners as detailed on the International Funding Partnerships webpage.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: £3,000 tuition waiver
Duration of Scholarship: One year
How to Apply:
- Your eligibility will be assessed when you make your application to study at the University.
- The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, you will receive confirmation in writing.