Call for Papers: World Trade Organisation (WTO) Essay Award 2020 for Young Economists
The WTO has issued a call for young economists to submit papers for the 2020 WTO Essay Award.
Application Deadline: 8th June 2020.
Eligible Countries: All
To Be Taken At (Country): Bern, Switzerland.
About the Award: The award aims to promote high-quality research on trade policy and international trade co-operation and to reinforce the relationship between the WTO and the academic community.
Type: Award, Call for Papers
- The paper must address issues related to trade policy and international trade co-operation.
- The author(s) of the paper must possess or be engaged in the completion of a PhD and, if over 30 years of age, be no more than two years past a PhD defence.
- In the case of co-authored papers, this requirement shall apply to all authors. To be considered for the award, essays cannot exceed 15,000 words.
Number of Awards: 1
Value of Award:
- The annual WTO Essay Award provides a prize of CHF 5,000 to the author(s) of the winning essay. In the case of a co-authored paper, the prize will be equally divided among the authors.
- The winning paper will be officially announced at the annual meeting of the European Trade Study Group, the largest conference specializing in international trade, which will take place in September 2020 in Bern, Switzerland.
- The winning author(s) will receive funding to attend the meeting.
How to Apply: All submissions should be sent to [email protected]. Submissions should include as separate attachments in PDF format:
- the essay
- the CV of the author(s), specifying (i) current affiliation(s), (ii) the academic institution awarding the PhD, (iii) the year (or the expected year) of the PhD, (iv) the date of birth of the author(s).