Zambia: US Embassy Academy of Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) 2020
The U.S. Embassy and Women’s Entrepreneurship Access Center (WEAC) Zambia have launched applications for phase two for the Academy of Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) until Monday, August 31, 2020.
Application Deadline: 31st August 2020
About the Award: Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) is a new program supporting women entrepreneurs around the world. Launched through the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs in 26 countries last year including Zambia, the program aims to reach 50 million women by 2025 and commits to providing women with practical knowledge, tools, and networks to create sustainable businesses.
As part of the White House-led Women’s Global Development and Prosperity initiative, AWE’s goal is to empower women with the knowledge, tools, and resources needed to start and grow their businesses.
- – Women aged 18 – 65 years
- – Should be resident in any of the following: Lusaka, Kitwe, Ndola
- – Should have basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Internet & email)
- – Should have a business idea or an already established business
- – Should be able to communicate in English (writing, speaking and listening)
Eligible Countries: Zambia
To be Taken at (Country): Zambia
Number of Awards: 150
Value of Award: Through facilitated online learning, participants will develop their business skills, network with mentors, and turn their idea into reality. AWE will use Dream-builder, an online training program on women’s entrepreneurship developed through a partnership between Arizona State University’s Thunderbird School of Management and global copper mining company Freeport-McMoRan. In addition, AWE connects participants to additional opportunities by leveraging alumni networks, nongovernmental organizations, and more.
Duration of Award:
How to Apply: Interested applicants can visit the web link: https://forms.gle/G3cPKa9k3azNRAnt8 to complete the online application.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.